Top 80 Africa & Middle East Travel Blogs and Websites to Follow
Welcome to my list of Best Africa & Middle East Travel Blogs. Here I made an archive of the best and most prominent 80 Africa & Middle East travel bloggers.
Best Africa Travel Blogs
- Africa Attraction – Three explorers overland journey through Africa, driving from Namibia down to South Africa.
- Africa Encompassed – A comprehensive African travel blog, with tips and helpful pointers for planning your perfect African safari.
- Africa Odyssey – Full of impartial advice, information, photos and videos on African safaris.
- Amateurs in Africa – The guide to backpacking East and West Africa overland through projects, borders, foods and football.
- Bright Continent – Anton Crone’s collection of stories from journeys in Africa. Anton is a freelance writer and photographer based in Cape Town.
- Dunia Duara – A blog run by journalist from Denmark focus on East Africa & South Sudan.
- Getaway – A highly regarded source of all things travel related in South Africa and beyond.
- Mzansi Girl – An African travel activist from Joburg, RSA on a mission to visit all the major festivals in Africa.
- The Africa Overland Network – Portal hosting the best independent Africa overland travel websites.
- 2Summers – An American blogger living a quirky life in Johannesburg.
- Alternative Route – Guidebook for backpackers and other people travelling South Africa on a budget.
- Backpacking South Africa – Showing that budget travel is a fun and exciting way to tour South Africa.
- Expat Cape Town – An expat guide to living and working in Cape Town.
- Going Homeless – Stu is travelling his homeland. Great road trip resource for explore South Africa.
- SA-Venues – An online travel and accommodation guide for South Africa.
- Story Of Bing – Bing was born in Singapore, but spent several years living in Cape Town with her husband.
- The Great Adventurer – A South African blog which focuses on the outdoors, camping, surfing, events and adventures.
- The South AfriKhan – Adventures of Sarah Khan, Indian origin girl from New York, living in Cape Town.
- Namibian – Travel service for Namibia including car rental, accommodation, safaris, self drive itineraries, day trips and travel advice.
- Two Hundred Degrees East – A Peace Corps blog. After volunteering in Nepal, Jenna is heading off to Zambia.
- Bewildered In Morocco – The realest Morocco from foreigner’s point of view, by Monika, a Polish expat.
- MarocMama – An American expat family living in Marrakech. They love to explore the world through food, language, and authentic cultural experiences.
- Moroccan Maryam – An expat life of an American family in Marrakesh.
- Moroccan Nomad – A Moroccan female traveler exploring the world solo since June 2014 and she loves it.
- The View from Fez – News and views from Morocco.
- Brightly Coloured Sunflowers – Observations of live, experiences and travels in Tunisia.
- Diary of a Serial Expat – A blog for expats by a serial expat sharing her experience of planning a move abroad, settling down, working, immigration procedure and more. Currently in Libya.
- Ghana Guide And Blog – Travel, work and volunteering in Ghana.
- I Moved To Africa – Travel adventures in a country I never heard of before, my experiences living on the U.S. Embassy compound.
Best Middle East Travel Blogs
- 2famous.tv – A daily source of culture, life, politics and stardom from self denying hipsters in the Middle East.
- A Muslim Traveller – Experiences of a Muslim traveller across cultures.
- Girl Solo in Arabia – Carolyn McIntyre is traveling solo from Tangier in Morocco to Mecca in the footsteps of the epic journey of Ibn Batuta.
- Green Prophet – Sustainable news from the Middle East.
- Kitabiyya – Insights into Middle East world in French, English and Arabic.
- Living in Lights – A travel blog about Turkey, Palestine, Jordan, Israel, Bulgaria and Alaska.
- Middle East Backpacking – A guidebook to backpacking in the Middle East.
- Travel the Middle East – Maria is completely enamored with the Middle East, she lived, studied and has traveled extensively throughout the region.
- Quite Alone – Matthew Teller is a freelance journalist and travel writer, specialising in the Middle East.
- Get On In Israel – First hand information for expatriates relocating to Israel.
- Israel Travel Ideas – A travel guide written by a native Israeli family.
- Israel Travel Secrets – An insider’s guide to travel to Israel for the authentic local experience.
- Sightseeing in Israel – Ethan Bensinger explore historical, biblical and cultural off the beaten track sights in this beautiful country.
- It’s An Expat Life For Us – Young, adventurous couple, teaching English as they go. So far they have lived in Taiwan, England, Canada, New Zealand and now Jordan.
- Middle East Moments – An Australian woman married to a Jordanian enjoying everyday moments in the Middle East.
- Tara of Arabia – An American girl studying Arabic in the Middle East.
- Ginger Beirut – An English woman living in Beirut sharing her expat life stories.
- And Away We Go – An American living in Cairo, learning how to survive in a new culture and planning a wedding.
- Caribbean Girl in Cairo – Travel Information, food, culture, religion and musings of a Caribbean girl in Cairo.
- Egyptian Sidekick – A non-profit, fair-tourism network in-and-around Cairo & Lower Egypt run by English-speaking guides.
- Living in Egypt – Maryanne from Canada lives in Egypt since late 80’s and she wouldn’t change it for anything.
- Someday I’ll Be There! – The first blog by an Egyptian traveler – from an Egyptian point of view, about travels in Egypt and beyond.
- Arabian Notes – An insight into daily life in the UAE with reviews, things to do, thoughts on life, travels within the UAE and beyond.
- Do In Dubai – An honest guide to life in Dubai. Eating, travelling and living in the Emirate.
- Expat Echo Dubai – Information to make moving and living in the UAE simple.
- Find Me A Break – Dubai’s blog of travel, food and photography.
- Footsteps of a Wanderer – Travel and outdoor adventure tips, advice and anecdotes, recommendations and reviews across the UAE, MIddle East and around the world.
- Ginger and Scotch – Two expats in Dubai. Ginger is always eating and Scotch is always drinking.
- The Desert Diva – An adventurer and blogger detailing on and offroad journeys throughout the UAE and the Sultanate of Oman.
- White Girl Arab World – Western perspective on 25 years of life, work and love in Bahrain.
- Follow Your Sunshine – A blog about British girl’s life in the Middle East. Expat journey of food, friends, fun, travel and everything in between.
- Gypsy In The ME – Canadian in the Middle East, working in Qatar.
- Ian Edelman in Doha – Ian changed his life, as he moved with his family from south Hampshire to the Arabian Gulf.
- Skeptic in Qatar – Living in Qatar since 2006 and breaking the Middle East stereotypes.
- American Girls World – An American woman married to a wonderful man from Kuwait. Living the life of an expat intertwined with the local community.
- Life in Kuwait – A California girl sharing everyday experiences in Kuwait and here to help those who find Kuwait overwhelming.
- A Nomad In The Land Of Nizwa – An American English teacher in Oman.
- Naija Expat Wife – Stella, a lawyer, wife and mother presently living in Muscat, Oman.
- The Duncan Adventures – An honest & funny account of a young Scottish expat wife living in Muscat.
- American Bedu – Experiences and observations of a former American diplomat now married to a Saudi and living in KSA.
- Blue Abaya – Learn about Saudi Arabia, the culture, the traditions and the local customs.
- Jeddah Daily Photo Journal – Daily photos from KSA capital by an American woman living with her Saudi husband in Jeddah.
- Markisapayne – My Saudi Arabia Blog – Life and travel in the Asir, Hijaz, Tihama, Jizan and Najran regions of Saudi Arabia.
- Susie of Arabia – Susie shares her experiences, observations, and thoughts about living in Saudi Arabia.
- The Pink Tarha – An online lifestyle guide to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and the winner of the Best Website Promoting Tourism in KSA.
- Iran Expat – Impressions of a non-conservative Turkish family living in Tehran.
- Iran Wire – News by a group of Iranian journalists in the Diaspora.
- Kane & Narelle’s Iran Trip – Chronicles from a trip to Iran.
- Travel with Me – Iranian freelance journalist and writer, based in London. She loves travel and sharing her travel experiences, covering Iran and other destinations.
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Booking Online Kit« Booking accommodation? Find the best hotel deals with Booking.com »
« Rent-a-car? I always get rental cars through Rentalcars.com »
« Better safe than sorry? Get your travel insurance from Worldnomads.com »
« Join a group! 7 days in Morocco 430 euros from Marrakech to Sahara Desert with Marrocos.com »
« Jump the line and get tickets online? Plan your trip in advance at Ticketbar.eu »
« Internet on the road? Get your 3G & 4G hotspot from SkyRoam.com »