Top 30 Airplane, Train & Sailing Travel Blogs and Websites to Follow
Welcome to my list of Best Airplane, Train & Sailing Travel Blogs. Here I made an archive of the best and most prominent 30 travel bloggers writing about Train trips, Airplane voyages and Sailing expeditions.
Best Train Travel Blogs
- The Man In Seat Sixty-One – Comprehensive blog about train travels around the world. By far the best train travel resource on the Internet.
- Railway Stays – A guide to the world’s best luxury trains, railway hotels & train-themed accomodation.
- Trains On The Brain – A blog about the highs and lows of travelling by train in this age of budget flights.
- 100 Trains – A blog documenting the greatest railway journeys and iconic trains in the world.
- Sophie On Track – Train travel in the Europe, Canada, US and India.
- Ultimate Train Challenge – A quest to set the record for longest continuous train journey, from Lisbon to Saigon in 30 days.
Best Airline / Flying Travel Blogs
- BoardingArea – Required reading for Frequent Flyers, compiling the best business travel blogs on the Internet, all in one place.
- Seat Guru – Seat maps, seat reviews, flights shopping, and flight information to make your travel more enjoyable.
- The Points Guy – Brian is traveling the world in first class for (almost) free using frequent flyer miles and credit card points.
- Sleeping In Airports – The guide to sleeping in airports for anyone who get stuck in the airport overnight.
- Air Treks – Discount tickets for globe circling or complex multi-stop international air travel.
- Cranky Flier – A snarky consumer air travel blog.
- Airwise – Guide to airports and their facilities, including airline locations, arrival information, ground transportation, driving directions, parking, hotels, car rental.
- Let’s Fly Cheaper – Find and book discounted business class flight to any destination.
- Martha Stewardess – Insights into airline industry from a fictional character, Martha, a flight attendant for a major US airline.
- Flying Critic – An airline and travel blog with tips & photos.
Best Sailing Travel Blogs
- Swell Voyage – A seafarer Liz Clark left California to pursue the dream of sailing the world in search of surf, knowledge, love, and truth aboard her 40ft sailboat, Swell.
- MJ Sailing – Jessica and her husband Matt have taken off to see the world on their 34 foot sailboat s/v Serendipity in 2012.
- Turf to Surf – Tasha is an adventurer at heart. Together with her husband they sail and overland the world.
- Get Lost on Purpose – A journal entries, photos, and videos from sailing and travel adventures.
- The Life Nomadik – А family aboard a boat. This is our journey sailing around the world.
- Ascension at Sea – The cruising adventures of Gord & Ginny, as they circumnavigate around the world.
- Sail Billabong – Tales of two young-ish fools sailing around the world for 5 years.
- Creative Cruising – Helping you realize your sailing dreams.
- Wizard’s Eye – Circumnavigating the globe in a 5-year expedition with his sailboat Wizard’s Eye and a kayak.
- Almost Native – Travel across the world in a catamaran.
- Mystic Sail – Sailing adventure of surfing, skateboarding, kiteboarding, and exploration aboard the “Natural Mystic”.
- The Two Captains – Follow Captains Gwen Hamlin and Don Wilson across the seas aboard Tackless II.
- Arie Travels – A sailor’s reflection on life at sea.
- Clark & Michelle Go Sailing – Sailing with Clark and Michelle Haley aboard sv Double Wide.
- Yacht Billabong – Bill and Caroline cruise the Mediterranean.
Booking Online Kit« Booking accommodation? Find the best hotel deals with Booking.com »
« Rent-a-car? I always get rental cars through Rentalcars.com »
« Better safe than sorry? Get your travel insurance from Worldnomads.com »
« Join a group! 7 days in Morocco 430 euros from Marrakech to Sahara Desert with Marrocos.com »
« Jump the line and get tickets online? Plan your trip in advance at Ticketbar.eu »
« Internet on the road? Get your 3G & 4G hotspot from SkyRoam.com »