Top 200 Asia Travel Blogs and Websites to Follow
Welcome to my list of Best Asia Travel Blogs. Here I made an archive of the best and most prominent 200 travel bloggers writing about Asia.
Best Asia Travel Blogs
- Ambot-ah! – Offbeat adventures in the Philippines and around Asia.
- An Asian Traveler – An Asian destination, hotels, food, shopping, fashion and stuff.
- Asian Ramblings – A blog of photos and stories from China and Asia.
- Awesome Solo Travels – Travel stories, tricks and tips from Asia.
- Backpacking Philippines – Backpacking trip around Phillipines and Asia.
- Beach Holidays In Asia – A guide to an awesome beach holidays in Asia.
- Before You Backpack – Made by backpackers for backpackers. A community of vagabonds sharing their experiences of backpacking around Asia.
- Best Beaches In Asia – Ideas for beach holidays in Asia.
- FlipNomad – A Filipino backpacker on the road discovering Asia.
- Flip Travels – Great guide for Philippines and Asia destinations by Ron and Monette.
- Filipina In Flip Flops – Asia travel blog run by twenty-something cube-dweller from Phillippines.
- Footsteps In Asia – A website and blog by small, personalised travel company that specialises in budget trips in Asia.
- Ironwulf En Route – Chronicles of travel, adventure and photography of a freelance photographer and writer based in the Philippines.
- Just Wandering – Independent travel around the Philippines, Asia, and the world.
- Live Less Ordinary – Boutique travel, new tourism and foodie adventures in Bangkok and Asia.
- Living In Asia – A lifestyle magazine for location independent workers and long term travellers who are living in Asia.
- My Several Worlds – A world travel guide with a focus on Asian destinations and cultures.
- Pau Travels – A collection of the travels and adventures of Pau in Asia and US.
- The Travelling Feet – Information on budget travels, travel tips, budget food and accommodations within Asia.
- Travel + Leisure Asia – The regional edition of the Travel + Leisure magazine and website.
- Travels In Translation – Beth is Japan and Hong Kong expert, join her as she travel translated through culture.
- Unearthing Asia – An online magazin covering topics like lifestyle, culture and attractions, all over the region of Asia.
- Vo-Pulayya – Korean and Vietnam expat family living in traveling in Asia.
- Wild Navigator – Inspiring journeys in responsible tourism to the Indian subcontinent.
- Adventures Around Asia – Richelle from Seattle, currently live and study in China. She travels around China and Asia, blogs and eats a lot of spicy food.
- Chengdu Living – A blog about culture, politics, and life in China. It’s authored by a small group of Americans in Chengdu.
- China Mike – An uncensored look into modern China.
- China Travel Go – Brendon is a China travel addict! His blog is a very informative travel guide to China.
- Crazy Chinese Family – Everyday life stories from a guy who married into Chinese family.
- Day To Day In China – Daily life of an expat in China.
- Far West China – The ultimate resource for those who want to travel, work or just learn more about Xinjiang and the Silk Road.
- JG, Over the Sea – Jessica is a PhD student in China.
- Knee How Shanghai – Experiences, observations & randomness of living in Shanghai, China.
- Luggage Tags and Tickets Tubs – Sophie is a twenty something journalist currently living in Beijing. She’s been living in China for over two years.
- Sapore di Cina – A portal that offers firsthand information on how to learn Chinese, travel, study or work in China.
- Stuck In Beijing – A guide to living in Beijing.
- To China And Beyond – Information about Chinese products.
- Blue Balu – All about living, eating, hiking and taking pictures in Hong Kong – sprinkled with a few Asia travel tips.
- Hong Wrong – Hong Kong culture and news.
- Just Hong Kong Travel – All information you need to know to travel to Hong Kong.
- Ordinary Gweilo – Everyday life in Hong Kong from the perspective of a Brit.
- Adventures of the Seoul – A southern girl’s tale of living in South Korea.
- Attack Of The Killer Korea – Chronicles of one year of living in South Korea.
- Busan For 91 Days – A guide to Busan in South Korea, how to see almost everything that city has to offer.
- Eat Your Kimchi – Food adventures and travel videos from Korea and around the world, by Simon and Martina.
- Korea Diva – Claudine was teaching English in South Korea for a year.
- A Modern Girl – A blog chronicles various adventures of a PhD student specializing in East Asian politics in Japan.
- Asia Is For Lovers – Practical information for living in Japan.
- Budget Trouble – A blog about travel in Japan, focused on Japanese festivals.
- Busan Kevin – Podcasts and YouTube vlogs about Japan and Korea.
- Foreign Salary Man – The Adventures of a Foreign Salaryman in Tokyo.
- Haiku Girl – Ali from England has been teaching English in Japan for 3 years.
- Japan Blog List – A list of blogs about Japan in English.
- Japanese Castle Explorer – Information, photos and maps of 150 Japanese castles.
- Japan Lost – All about Japan without the sugar.
- Japan Travel Mate – Personal blog and travel guide to Japan with stunning pictures.
- Japan Visitor – A travel and news guide to the latest happenings in Japan.
- Japan It Up – Adventures of Steve, an American living in Japan.
- Melibelle in Tokyo – A blog chronicling life as an American mother, writer, & teacher in Tokyo going about life with her bicultural, bilingual family.
- Muza Chan – Discover Japan through the eyes of a well seasoned traveler and frequent visitor in Japan.
- Our Man in Abiko – Japan-based UK blogger.
- Outdoor Japan – Travel and outdoor lifestyle magazine in Japan.
- Pearls And Passports – An experienced solo female traveller currently living in Japan teaching English.
- Shibuya 246 – Latest trends from Japan.
- The Green Eyed Geisha – Japan like you’ve never seen it before from the perspective of a Canadian girl.
- The Nomads Land – Sarah, South African girl, married to a Japanese scientist shares her thoughs about life in Japan.
- Tiptoeing World – Mima’s blog about living Tokyo daily life, photography, travel, food and coffee.
- Tokyo For 91 Days – A guide to Tokyo, how to see almost everything that city has to offer.
- Zooming Japan – A close-up view on traveling and living in Japan.
- 10 Year Itch – An award-winning India Travel Portal that provides travel enthusiasts with information on all major destinations in India.
- A Date With Delhi – A guide and information about the megacity – New Delhi.
- Admirable India – Find out all the tourist places worth visiting in India.
- Anki On The Move – Anki creates self-narrated videos, writes and interviews on many places in India.
- An Ace Guide – Kiran had been traveling to exotic and mystic places in India for the last 30 years.
- A Wandering Mind – Anuradha loves exploring less known corners of India and sharing them with the world.
- Desi Traveler – A family travel blog from India, with stories about people, places, palaces, forts, Holy Temples, foods, colors,smells streets and life in India.
- Drew Gilbert – All around travelling India by train from Almost Fearless family.
- Incredible India – Official page of Incredible India Campaign of Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Indian Bazaars – A blog about the Indian shop and the traditional bazaars in India.
- Indian Columbus – Records of many years of travel experiences in India.
- Indi Tales – Travel tales about Indian art, history and culture.
- India Travel & Photography Blog – First hand experiences of exploring the riches of India. Travelogues, features and photography.
- India Untravelled – Off the beaten path India travel stories.
- Kerala Blog Express – See Kerala, one of the destinations in India, with the eyes of other bloggers.
- My Travelogue – An Indian travel blog on lesser known India.
- My Journey Through India – Anisha is exploring diverse Indian cult,cuisine and lifestyle.
- Mr. (and Mrs.) Luth Go to India – The expatriate adventures, travels, observations, and misconceptions of a married couple living in India.
- Photokatha – Various travellers share their experience, stories and photos from India.
- Rakhee Ghelani – Melbourne girl of Indian origin leaves Australia to travel solo across India.
- Tales Of A Nomad – Informative resource about travel in India.
- Travel Genes – All you have to know to survive your first trip to India and to experience it like never before.
- Wayfarers And Pathfinders – A collaborative travel blog documenting destinations in India.
- BaseCamp Trek – Everest base camp trekking with local travel agency in Kathmandu.
- Mr. Smith Goes to Kathmandu – Trekking posts and photos of Nepal.
- O’Sullivans Abroad – Two educators from Portland, Oregon with two kids who love to travel. Currently living in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The Kathmanduo – A couple trading life in corporate skyscrapers for expat adventure on the Roof of the World.
- A Year in Bangladesh – An experience of a year spend in Bangladesh as a VSO volunteer.
- WoodLand Travels – A Foreign Service family writing about impressions of this new life abroad.
- Kan Can Do – A blog dedicated to the sights, sounds, and tastes of the paradise isle Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka For 91 Days – A guide to Sri Lanka, how to see almost everything that country has to offer.
- Defying Gravity – An expat living in Ulaanbaatar. Becky blogs about things to do and see, restaurants, and travels.
- Drinking Coffee Elsewhere: Mongolia – Expat life and travels in Mongolia.
- Everywhere But Home – News, musings, and lot of info about all things Mongolian.
- Mongolian Musings – An American teaching English in Ulaanbaatar.
- 99 Boomerangs – Brenden from Australia shares useful tips for exploring South East Asia.
- Adventure Travels SE Asia – Slow independent adventurous travel through SE Asia.
- Asia For Visitors – All the information you need to plan and book your trip in SE Asia.
- Blonde Traveler – Women advice for traveling and living in Southeast Asia.
- Da Social Climber – Travel tips and random insights of a female traveler, backpacker and mountaineer from Philippines, currently backpacking in SEA.
- Nomad 4 Ever – Christian from Germany is living a nomadic lifestyle in SE Asia.
- Octopus Diaries – Laura from The Netherlands on her journey through Southeast Asia.
- Solo Flighted – Edcel’s travels, adventures, and headstands in Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
- South East Asia Backpacker Magazine – A magazine for independent travellers through South East Asia.
- ThaHoliday – Comprehensive guide to exploring the countries of Southeast Asia.
- The Fish Egg Tree – New Zealander’s adventures through Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
- The Travel Lush – Living and backpacking around South east Asia.
- Travelfish.org – Packed with information, guide for independent travellers and backpackers to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia and other Asian destinations.
- Travel Happy – A personal guide to travelling in Thailand and South East Asia.
- tropiXblue – Stories, photographs and video of travel and adventure in SEA.
- Bangkok Girl – A British expat: working, drinking, eating and exploring my way around Bangkok.
- Jamie’s Phuket – The original Phuket blog since 2006.
- My Thai – Insights from the Land of Smile. 4 years and counting. Experience regarding Travel, Teaching, Working & Living in Thailand.
- Phuket101 – 21 years of Phuket exploration in a photo blog.
- Thailand Red Cat – Living and loving in Thailand with focus on nightlife and dates.
- Thailand Tips – A fast, easy list of Thailand travel tips for backpackers and budget travelers.
- Thai Travel News – Number one source for what is happening in Thailand by Richard Barrow.
- Thailand Expat Photo Blog – Thailand expat life in pictures.
- The Facetious Farang – Funny expat family living in Bangkok.
- Tieland to Thailand – Two expats in Chiang Mai, where life is easy and the cost of living is cheap.
- Visit Chiang Mai Online – How to get the very best from your visit to this most beautiful part of Thailand.
- Go Borneo Travel – Borneo travel guide. Borneo is a great destination for budget traveler, it is not as expensive as it’s said to be.
- Let’s Go Kuala Lumpur – Travel Information to visit Kuala Lumpur from local experience.
- Living in Malaysia – Expat living in Johor Bahru and travels around Malaysia.
- Malaysia Asia – David specializes in travel around Malaysia, but also cover other Asian countries.
- Malaysia Food & Travel Blog – Malaysia food and travel blog.
- Sleepless In KL – Filipina married to a Malaysian living in Kuala Lumpur. Mother of 6, career woman and incidental world traveler.
- Travel Malaysia Guide – An unbiased tourist travel guide to Malaysia.
- Whoa Adventures – Some of the best adventures found in Peninsular Malaysia and Borneo.
- Wonderful Malaysia – A blog by a couple from The Netherlands enjoying expat life in Malaysia.
- Come Singapore – One-stop travel guide to Singapore.
- Good Morning Yesterday – A blog describes growing up in Singapore in the 1950s and 1960’s.
- My Singapore Diary – A Singapore expat blog about travel, lifestyle, food and photography.
- Tails From The Lion City – A British expat living in Singapore for 4 years. The blog is about the sights to visit, the food to eat and all other experiences.
- BambooDazed – Myanmar society, politics, travel, opinion.
- Becky In Burma – Becky is a writer living in Burma with her husband and daughter. She blogs about transition to a new country and expat parenting.
- Feisty Blue Gecko – Life and work of a Scottish woman based in Yangon.
- Jessica Mudditt – Jessica is a British/Australian journalist based in Yangon. She spend nearly three years spent in Bangladesh as a special correspondent.
- Myanmar Travel Essentials – A website focused on Myanmar, its people, its culture and its sites.
- Along the Mekong – The travels and thoughts of a young American based in Saigon, Vietnam.
- Expat Heather – Heather is a secondary English teacher currently living in Ho Chi Minh City, with her husband and their two-year-old son.
- Go Vietnam – A candid view on life in Vietnam and ideas of activities and fun things to do.
- Sticky Rice – What to eat in Vietnam. Hanoi food news, restaurant reviews and street food tours.
- Vietnam Channel – Discover Vietnam culture, places, and vietnamese food.
- Vietnam Travel – A guide to visiting the beautiful country of Vietnam, with information on destinations, hotels and food plus a travel blog.
- Apocalypse Lao – Chronicles of an Australian volunteer who spent a year living in Vientiane.
- Enjoy Laos – Informative Laos guide runs by an expat from Holland.
- See Think Explore – Multimedia tales of life and travel of an expat based in Vientiane.
- Alison In Cambodia – A blog about archaeology and related issues in Cambodia.
- Around Cambodia – A blog about various travel destinations in Cambodia.
- Inside Cambodia – A photo-blog that shows the everyday life in Cambodia.
- Move To Cambodia – Expat Cambodia travel tips, advice, and info.
- Our Dear Lady Expatriate – All about living a lovely expat life in Phnom Penh.
- Phnom Penh Post – Cambodia’s only international award winning newspaper.
- Phnomenon – A blog focused on food and restaurants in Cambodia. Khmer food, restaurant reviews and recipes.
- All Indonesia Travel – Unbiased and independent travel information on itinerary, tourist attractions, transports in Indonesia.
- Bali Backpacking – The ultimate travel guide for backpackers visiting the island of Bali in Indonesia.
- Bali Expat – Tips, advice and information for anyone interested in moving to Bali.
- Bali Homeland – A blog about Bali from Balinese perspective.
- Discover Your Indonesia – Promoting Indonesia’s tourism to the world.
- Indohoy – Information on awesome places in Indonesia.
- Indonesia on the Trail – Personal and first hand travel information on Indonesia.
- Jakarta News – Jakarta-based Luke is sharing his life and his experiences as he lives and travels in Indonesia.
- Katherine and Bruno’s Adventures – Adventures of young marriage in Indonesia.
- Our Spice Islands Adventure – Living in the Indonesian Archipelago.
- Vilondo – A collection of Bali’s top villas.
- Byahilo – Discovering the hidden and not-so-hidden gems of the Philippines.
- Expat in the Philippines – A Dutch expat blog about the life, cultures and meetings with Filipinos.
- Historic Old Philippines – Historic people, buildings, churches and other interesting things from the Philippines.
- Island Girl Traveller – Island Girl Traveller will lead you around Philippines.
- Journeying James – James has traveled around the Philippines for 100 days, non-stop, the cheapest way possible.
- Langyaw – An award winning travel blog, stunning photography, great features on food, adventure, heritage, culture and architecture in the Philippines.
- Life And Travel in Philippines – A blog about living and traveling in the Philippines from an expat married to a Filipina.
- Life Beyond The Sea – Find out how is it to leave everything and move to a tropical island.
- Live In The Philippines – A website all about living in the Philippines.
- My Philippine Life – A blog by a couple who have chosen the Philippines as their retirement home.
- My Planet Philippines – A blog about the Philippines, its beauty, the life of the Filipino people and the reason it is called the Pearl of the Orient Seas.
- Out Of Town Blog – Travel photos, adventures, recommended travel destinations and hotels in the Philippines.
- PhilFAQS – An authoritative guidance and personal advice for people interested in moving to the Philippines.
- Philippine Beaches – Promoting beach tourism and raising awareness about responsible travel by providing tips and insights on how to protect and preserve the beauty of Philippines beaches.
- Philippine History Blog – Learn some history of Philippines.
- Pinoy Adventurista – Traveler, mountaineer, food lover and adventure seeker that has visited all the provinces in the Philippines.
- Pinoy Travel Freak – Explore the best of the Philippines with Gabz.
- Searching Paradise – A blog about survival camping on one of Palawan’s deserted islands.
- Simbahan – A blog dedicated to Philippine religious colonial heritage churches, cemeteries, convents and fortifications.
- The Philippines Expat – An expat blog and local guide to culture, food, travel and the nightlife in Cebu City.
- The Travel Teller – Exciting travel adventures, first hand experiences and best kept secrets of the 7,107 Islands of the Philippines.
- Tropical Penpals – Philippines latest happenings in news, celebrities and general life in the Philippines
- Caravanistan – Complete and updated travel guide on Central Asia.
- Monk Bought Lunch – A budget travel blog from Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia, the Silk Road and beyond.
- Off Silk Roadin’ – A documented journey from Western Europe through Central Asia.
- Pared Blanca – Rachel’s Peace Corps experience in Afghanistan.
- Newbie Academic in a ‘Stan – The meanderings of one newbie academic in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- A jaunt in the Kyrgyz Republic – The misadventures of a TEFL teacher in Bishkek.
- Keen on Kyrgyzstan – Denis was a Fulbright Fellow studying eagle hunters and Kyrgyz culture.
- Walking Almaty – A guide to the visual landscape of Kazakhstan’s “southern capital”, Almaty.
SOUTH EAST ASIA
Booking Online Kit« Booking accommodation? Find the best hotel deals with Booking.com »
« Rent-a-car? I always get rental cars through Rentalcars.com »
« Better safe than sorry? Get your travel insurance from Worldnomads.com »
« Join a group! 7 days in Morocco 430 euros from Marrakech to Sahara Desert with Marrocos.com »
« Jump the line and get tickets online? Plan your trip in advance at Ticketbar.eu »
« Internet on the road? Get your 3G & 4G hotspot from SkyRoam.com »