Top 88 Outdoor & Adventure Travel Blogs and Websites to Follow
Welcome to my list of Best Outdoor & Adventure Travel Blogs. Here I made an archive of the best and most prominent 88 outdoor and adventure travel bloggers.
Outdoor & Adventure Travel Blogs
- The Inertia – Surfing’s community, featuring news, photography, opinions, and art from surfing’s most talented individuals.
- Section Hiker – Philip Werner, is an outdoor writer, guide and educator. He promotes lightweight hiking, backpacking, and mountaineering so that people of all ages can hike safely, comfortably and mindfully.
- Switch Back Travel – An adventure travel guides and lifestyle, covering top adventure destinations around the world including Patagonia, New Zealand, Alaska, Norway, Nepal.
- Monkeys and Mountains – An award-winning adventure travel blog by Laurel Robbins, with passions for outdoor adventures and off-beat experiences.
- Alastair Humphreys – Alastair Humphreys is a real adventurer and blogger. Crossing Iceland, rowing the Atlantic, running the Marathon des Sables? He did it all and more.
- Bearfoot Theory – Outdoor adventure travel blog for the Western US and beyond.
- Traveling Ted – Ted Nelson is an outdoor adventure travel writer and blogger. His blog chronicles thetraveloguerhis hiking, canoeing, and skiing adventures in the United States and around the world.
- The Big Outside – Michael Lanza’s blog about hiking, backpacking, paddling, skiing, and family adventures in the U.S. and around the world. Good tips for raising outdoors-loving kids.
- 50 Campfires – The camping authority for great camping tips, recipes, gear reviews & more.
- XpatMatt – Matt’s blog focuses on exciting and healthy environmentally friendly outdoors activities.
- Side Tracked – An adventure blog and travel magazine features a limited collection of inspiring personal stories of travel, exploration, expeditions and adventure.
- Socal Hiker – The hiking guide for Southern California.
- Brian’s Backpacking Blog – Brian is a US based backpacker and gear junkie. On his blog you will find reviews, guide how to make your own gear, trail reports, and resources for lightweight hiking and backpacking.
- Hiking Dude – Ed is hiking the national scenic trails of the US, carrying less and hiking more in a safe, comfortable way.
- Hiking in Finland – Interesting outdoor blog about hiking, climbing, bike-packing, skiing and pack-rafting in Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.
- we12travel – An outdoor adventure travel blog from Martijn and Antonette. They love hiking, climb, bike, camping and nature.
- A Southern Gypsy – Travel blog focused on outdoors, adventure and wildlife. Showcasing the best outdoor activities in the world.
- Trek Booking – An independent resource for trekking and climbing, connecting you with the best trekking and climbing companies around the world.
- The Adventure Blog – A resource for explorers, adventurers and outdoor lovers. News, commentary, and insights on adventures, and adventurers, from around the globe.
- Hiking Lady – A blog for women who love the outdoors, and choose to explore it by hiking, backpacking, and camping.
- Easy Hiker – Marlys and Michael discovered hiking in their 40s and are making up for lost time by doing easy hikes wherever they go on their holidays.
- Paul Kirtley – Authoritative information on wilderness bushcraft, survival skills and outdoor life. Paul is a professional bushcraft instructor, running multi-award winning Bushcraft School.
- Out of Eden Walk – Journalist Paul Salopek is retracing on foot the global migration of our ancestors, 21,000-mile journey from Ethiopia to Tierra del Fuego.
- Great Big Scary World – A blog about fear, adventure, and the amazing world we live in. Jamie is facing his fears by hitchhiking Europe, rafting in Danube or cycling to South Korea.
- Best Hike – A collection of best hikes, treks and tramps in the world.
- Desk to Dirtbag – Ryan is an adventure travel blogger, climber, hiker, camper, and road tripper. He escaped the 9-5 to follow his dream.
- Tour Dust – An adventure travel blog by a Tourdust tour operator. They specialise in adventurous holidays for independent minded couples, families and friends.
- Our Favorite Adventure – Kathleen and Brock, lovers of hiking, cooking, and bike touring, have a goal to help you create the adventures you love, and get the gear you need.
- Val in Real Life – Val is a former geologist turned adventure travel writer. Her adventures can be by car, motorcycle, or foot but always involve camping, hiking, geocaching, and photography.
- Hiking the Trail – A journal that chronicles Adam’s backpacking, hiking, and camping adventures around the world.
- Camping Blogger – Roy is promoting family camping and outdoor recreation with tips and tutorials. He has been camping with his wife Lisa and three children, all over the Pacific Coast of the US.
- Bushwalking Blog – Bushwalking, hiking, tramping, trekking, backpacking around Victoria, Australia.
- Travel Experience Live – Bram from Belgium shares loads of travel stories and even more photos from his outdoorn adventures.
- Enjoy Your Parks – Shannon and Dave spent their time exploring Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park.
- Camp Trip – Useful tips & information about the outdoors written by and for campers, sharing a wealth of knowledge.
- Britain Outdoors – Rachel loves the great outdoors. Her main passions are running, biking and climbing. Currently she is learning to surf.
- Frugal Frolicker – Lindsay brings to you info about affordable outdoor travel.
- Sarah Outen – London2London:Via the World journey by bike, rowing boat & kayak while fundraising for Coppafeel.
- Adventure Inspired – An outdoor lifestyle website dedicated to sharing stories, musings, gear reviews, and anything related to playing outside.
- Just a Colorado Gal – Heather is an outdoor enthusiast, obsessed with adventure travel & adrenaline. Join her as she explores Colorado and other parts of the world.
- Across and Abroad – David Webb’s adventure travel blog. David shares his stories on his blog and in Explore Magazine.
- Hiking in The Smokys – The most comprehensive site on the internet for information on hiking trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Two Heel Drive – Tom Mangan’s site for hikers, campers and nature cravers, chronicling the hikes in the hills of North Carolina.
- The Runners Trip – A travel and trail-running site with stories and advice to help runners improve, stay motivated, and have more meaningful travel experiences by running in new destinations.
- Without Baggage – Hank Leukart is a TV producer, writer, and travel addict. His travelogue lists all adventures he had so far in over 40 countries.
- Wilderness Dave – Dave’s outdoor travel blog focusing on hiking, backpacking, camping, fitness, gear, photography and generally all things having to do with the great outdoors.
- Stoked for Saturday – Jordan & Jenna loves adventure, the outdoors & living life to the fullest.
- The Outdoor Adventure – A Canadian dad giving tips for the outdoor adventurer, helping you and your family find good gear, skills, and confidence to walk, hike, paddle, ski, and climb.
- Danik the Explorer – Daniel is an adventurous crazy explorer who loves to travel the world, write about places, takes a lot of travel photos and meet new people on the way.
- Adventures With Ben – Do some extraordinary things with Ben in adrenaline-fueled destinations around the world.
- Sean Conway – Sean Conway is the 2014 Adventurer of the Year. Extreme adventurer, blogger, author and speaker.
- Last Adventurer – A veteran outdoors person always looking for new challenges, new adventures, and new experiences.
- My Life Outdoors – A blog features Steven’s reports from the trail, rivers, and mountain summits as they are explored through hiking, backpacking, paddling, and skiing.
- Niall McCann – Adventurer and scientist completely at home in the jungle and on the road.
- Anywhere at Home – Angel and Michelle explore the land around them. Get inspired through pics and video on their blog.
- Tim Cope Journeys – Australian Tim Cope is a professional adventurer, author and filmmaker. He speaks fluent Russian, and guides in Siberia, and Mongolia.
- Expedition 360 – Jason Lewis travels around the globe using only human power (no motors or sails).
- Dave Cornthwaite – Dave is an adventurer on a mission to undertake 25 non-motorised journeys each over 1000 miles and raise money for good causes. So far he completed 11.
- Stray Outdoors – An online community for adventurous souls.
- Mike Off the Map – Mike is sharing his outdoor adventures, to inspire others to do the same.
- I Should Log Off – Jillian and Danny’s blog about overland travel around the world with focus on outdoor adventures.
- Bushby 3000 – Adventurer Karl Bushby walks 3000 miles across America, from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C.
- 100 Peaks – Hiking, backpacking, and camping throughout Southern California and beyond.
- An Ocean Away – Activity-based travel for the adventurous individual.
- Wicked Outdoorsy – A collection of outdoor articles.
- Adventure Insider – Technical part of outdoor adventure.
- New York Outdoors – Outdoor fun in New York state.
- Matt Prior – Matt has embarked on numerous unsupported expeditions, all of which were on a shoestring and received a variety of global media coverage.
- Michael Modzelewski – Author and Adventurer Michael Modzelewski shares inspiring adventure stories, like swimming with whales or running a marathon on the Great wall.
- 900 Miles – Randy’s goal is to complete 800 miles of trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- The Great Outdoors – Harry, father of three, is all about the outdoors.
- Hiking to the Heights – Miles Hiked in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Hike. Eat. Camp. Repeat. – An online journal of the great outdoors, cheap eats and cold brewskis.
Climbing Travel Blogss
- Footsteps on the Mountain – Digital communications professional and mountaineering blogger; bit of a mountain history geek; currently writing a book about climbing Everest.
- The Morning Fresh – Katie lives according to her three rules: live well, adventure often, climb higher.
- The Rest of Everest – A video podcast created by documentary filmmaker Jon Miller. Is far more than a look into the alien world of high-altitude mountaineering. It is a look at the places, cultures, people, travelers and mountaineers.
- Nomadic Ambition – Mat’s writes about rock climbing, snowboarding, camping, mountaineering and hiking in Americas and Europe.
- Bare Pockets – A girl from Romania exploring the world to bring the most colorful traveling and climbing reports.
- Justin J. Wright – Lover of technology and science, addicted to exploring the great outdoors, especially mountains.
- Rock Climber Girl – Stories from women who rock climb and play outside.
- Mike Libecki – The Salt Lake City-based adrenaline junkie, explorer and dad with big passion for climbing.
- The Peak Seeker – Matt’s blog discussions about hiking, climbing, highpointing & mountaineering in the U.S.
- Chronic Climber Chick – Jes is a mountaineering junkie, addicted to the climb sharng stories, her happy trails and nutrition knowledge.
- Ardent Rambler – Memoirs of adventurous outdoor in America, Asia and Africa.
- Cheyne Lempe – Cheyne is an artist and athlete. He posts incredible photos from his climbing adventures.
- Raphael Slawinski – A physics professor from Canada sharing climbing stories, images and views.
- In Ice Axe We Trust – A website and podcast covering all aspects of mountaineering – from novice to expert, trailhead to summit, sea level to sky.
- John Cantor – Enamored with Alaska and The Brooks Range despite being a surfer from Noosa Heads.
Booking Online Kit« Booking accommodation? Find the best hotel deals with Booking.com »
« Rent-a-car? I always get rental cars through Rentalcars.com »
« Better safe than sorry? Get your travel insurance from Worldnomads.com »
« Join a group! 7 days in Morocco 430 euros from Marrakech to Sahara Desert with Marrocos.com »
« Jump the line and get tickets online? Plan your trip in advance at Ticketbar.eu »
« Internet on the road? Get your 3G & 4G hotspot from SkyRoam.com »