Welcome to my list of Best Africa & Middle East Travel Blogs. Here I made an archive of the best and most prominent 80 Africa & Middle East travel bloggers.
Best Africa Travel Blogs
- Africa Attraction – Three explorers overland journey through Africa, driving from Namibia down to South Africa.
- Africa Encompassed – A comprehensive African travel blog, with tips and helpful pointers for planning your perfect African safari.
- Africa Odyssey – Full of impartial advice, information, photos and videos on African safaris.
- Amateurs in Africa – The guide to backpacking East and West Africa overland through projects, borders, foods and football.
- Bright Continent – Anton Crone’s collection of stories from journeys in Africa. Anton is a freelance writer and photographer based in Cape Town.
- Dunia Duara – A blog run by journalist from Denmark focus on East Africa & South Sudan.
- Getaway – A highly regarded source of all things travel related in South Africa and beyond.
- Mzansi Girl – An African travel activist from Joburg, RSA on a mission to visit all the major festivals in Africa.
- The Africa Overland Network – Portal hosting the best independent Africa overland travel websites.
- 2Summers – An American blogger living a quirky life in Johannesburg.
- Alternative Route – Guidebook for backpackers and other people travelling South Africa on a budget.
- Backpacking South Africa – Showing that budget travel is a fun and exciting way to tour South Africa.
- Expat Cape Town – An expat guide to living and working in Cape Town.
- Going Homeless – Stu is travelling his homeland. Great road trip resource for explore South Africa.
- SA-Venues – An online travel and accommodation guide for South Africa.
- Story Of Bing – Bing was born in Singapore, but spent several years living in Cape Town with her husband.
- The Great Adventurer – A South African blog which focuses on the outdoors, camping, surfing, events and adventures.
- The South AfriKhan – Adventures of Sarah Khan, Indian origin girl from New York, living in Cape Town.
- Namibian – Travel service for Namibia including car rental, accommodation, safaris, self drive itineraries, day trips and travel advice.
- Two Hundred Degrees East – A Peace Corps blog. After volunteering in Nepal, Jenna is heading off to Zambia.
- Bewildered In Morocco – The realest Morocco from foreigner’s point of view, by Monika, a Polish expat.
- MarocMama – An American expat family living in Marrakech. They love to explore the world through food, language, and authentic cultural experiences.
- Moroccan Maryam – An expat life of an American family in Marrakesh.
- Moroccan Nomad – A Moroccan female traveler exploring the world solo since June 2014 and she loves it.
- The View from Fez – News and views from Morocco.
- Brightly Coloured Sunflowers – Observations of live, experiences and travels in Tunisia.
- Diary of a Serial Expat – A blog for expats by a serial expat sharing her experience of planning a move abroad, settling down, working, immigration procedure and more. Currently in Libya.
- Ghana Guide And Blog – Travel, work and volunteering in Ghana.
- I Moved To Africa – Travel adventures in a country I never heard of before, my experiences living on the U.S. Embassy compound.
Best Middle East Travel Blogs
- 2famous.tv – A daily source of culture, life, politics and stardom from self denying hipsters in the Middle East.
- A Muslim Traveller – Experiences of a Muslim traveller across cultures.
- Girl Solo in Arabia – Carolyn McIntyre is traveling solo from Tangier in Morocco to Mecca in the footsteps of the epic journey of Ibn Batuta.
- Green Prophet – Sustainable news from the Middle East.
- Kitabiyya – Insights into Middle East world in French, English and Arabic.
- Living in Lights – A travel blog about Turkey, Palestine, Jordan, Israel, Bulgaria and Alaska.
- Middle East Backpacking – A guidebook to backpacking in the Middle East.
- Travel the Middle East – Maria is completely enamored with the Middle East, she lived, studied and has traveled extensively throughout the region.
- Quite Alone – Matthew Teller is a freelance journalist and travel writer, specialising in the Middle East.
- Get On In Israel – First hand information for expatriates relocating to Israel.
- Israel Travel Ideas – A travel guide written by a native Israeli family.
- Israel Travel Secrets – An insider’s guide to travel to Israel for the authentic local experience.
- Sightseeing in Israel – Ethan Bensinger explore historical, biblical and cultural off the beaten track sights in this beautiful country.
- It’s An Expat Life For Us – Young, adventurous couple, teaching English as they go. So far they have lived in Taiwan, England, Canada, New Zealand and now Jordan.
- Middle East Moments – An Australian woman married to a Jordanian enjoying everyday moments in the Middle East.
- Tara of Arabia – An American girl studying Arabic in the Middle East.
- Ginger Beirut – An English woman living in Beirut sharing her expat life stories.
- And Away We Go – An American living in Cairo, learning how to survive in a new culture and planning a wedding.
- Caribbean Girl in Cairo – Travel Information, food, culture, religion and musings of a Caribbean girl in Cairo.
- Egyptian Sidekick – A non-profit, fair-tourism network in-and-around Cairo & Lower Egypt run by English-speaking guides.
- Living in Egypt – Maryanne from Canada lives in Egypt since late 80’s and she wouldn’t change it for anything.
- Someday I’ll Be There! – The first blog by an Egyptian traveler – from an Egyptian point of view, about travels in Egypt and beyond.
- Arabian Notes – An insight into daily life in the UAE with reviews, things to do, thoughts on life, travels within the UAE and beyond.
- Do In Dubai – An honest guide to life in Dubai. Eating, travelling and living in the Emirate.
- Expat Echo Dubai – Information to make moving and living in the UAE simple.
- Find Me A Break – Dubai’s blog of travel, food and photography.
- Footsteps of a Wanderer – Travel and outdoor adventure tips, advice and anecdotes, recommendations and reviews across the UAE, MIddle East and around the world.
- Ginger and Scotch – Two expats in Dubai. Ginger is always eating and Scotch is always drinking.
- The Desert Diva – An adventurer and blogger detailing on and offroad journeys throughout the UAE and the Sultanate of Oman.
- White Girl Arab World – Western perspective on 25 years of life, work and love in Bahrain.
- Follow Your Sunshine – A blog about British girl’s life in the Middle East. Expat journey of food, friends, fun, travel and everything in between.
- Gypsy In The ME – Canadian in the Middle East, working in Qatar.
- Ian Edelman in Doha – Ian changed his life, as he moved with his family from south Hampshire to the Arabian Gulf.
- Skeptic in Qatar – Living in Qatar since 2006 and breaking the Middle East stereotypes.
- American Girls World – An American woman married to a wonderful man from Kuwait. Living the life of an expat intertwined with the local community.
- Life in Kuwait – A California girl sharing everyday experiences in Kuwait and here to help those who find Kuwait overwhelming.
- A Nomad In The Land Of Nizwa – An American English teacher in Oman.
- Naija Expat Wife – Stella, a lawyer, wife and mother presently living in Muscat, Oman.
- The Duncan Adventures – An honest & funny account of a young Scottish expat wife living in Muscat.
- American Bedu – Experiences and observations of a former American diplomat now married to a Saudi and living in KSA.
- Blue Abaya – Learn about Saudi Arabia, the culture, the traditions and the local customs.
- Jeddah Daily Photo Journal – Daily photos from KSA capital by an American woman living with her Saudi husband in Jeddah.
- Markisapayne – My Saudi Arabia Blog – Life and travel in the Asir, Hijaz, Tihama, Jizan and Najran regions of Saudi Arabia.
- Susie of Arabia – Susie shares her experiences, observations, and thoughts about living in Saudi Arabia.
- The Pink Tarha – An online lifestyle guide to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and the winner of the Best Website Promoting Tourism in KSA.
- Iran Expat – Impressions of a non-conservative Turkish family living in Tehran.
- Iran Wire – News by a group of Iranian journalists in the Diaspora.
- Kane & Narelle’s Iran Trip – Chronicles from a trip to Iran.
- Travel with Me – Iranian freelance journalist and writer, based in London. She loves travel and sharing her travel experiences, covering Iran and other destinations.