Cape Verde UNESCO commitment has registered 1 site on the World Heritage list and 8 sites on the tentative list.
Some places are so interesting that it’s relevant to keep them for future generations. This is why UNESCO has built a list of crucial classified properties in which there are superb places that stand out for their aesthetic, natural, artistic or cultural significance.
More than a thousand places are registered as Unesco’s World Heritage around the world. Due to my personal interest in visiting World Heritage sites, I put together the UNESCO list in Cape Verde and the corresponding map.
Cape Verde UNESCO list
- Cidade Velha, Historic Centre of Ribeira Grande
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Cape Verde are protected places for their cultural and natural importance.
Cape Verde UNESCO Map
Click on the blue pins to view more relevant information about each World Heritage site in Cape Verde.
Sites on the Tentative List
- Centre historique de Nova Sintra
- Parc Naturel de Fogo – Chã das Caldeiras
- Complexe d’aires Protégées de l’île de Santa Luzia et des Ilots Branco et Raso
- Camp de concentration du Tarrafal
- Centre historique de Praia
- Centre historique de São Filipe
- Parc Naturel Cova, Paúl et Ribeira da Torre
- Salines de Pedra de Lume