Nomad Revelations is a travel blog written to inspire independent travelers and audacious backpackers through exotic narratives and offbeat ideas.
Welcome to my adventure travel blog about exciting journeys into more than 130 countries across Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Europe, North to South America and Oceania. Traveling since 1999.
The greatest aspect of traveling
The greatest aspect of traveling is the ability to witness all elements of life come together into a kind of foreshortened timeline. It’s as if we are simultaneously time traveling through our past and future secured by its focal present, collectively combining all lessons into our own being at each point in time and in each present moment.
Some unforgettable journeys:
- Photos that will make you want to visit Saudi Arabia
- Visit Tajik Wakhan Corridor – 15 Amazing places to travel in Wakhan
- #Vanlife Kyrgyzstan: One-Month Road Trip with a Camper Van
- Timbuktu, Mali – How to get there the hard way
- Beautiful Pyongyang – A different look at North Korea’s capital
- Mesopotamian Marshes, The rebirth of Iraqi Venice
- Laas Geel – Incredible 9000-year-old rock paintings in Somaliland
- 550 hours Amazon River boat trip: Brazil, Peru & Ecuador
- Mazar-i-Sharif – Afghan city of the Noble Shrine
- 25 of the Best Places to Visit in Oman
- Driving in Afghanistan, South Asia – Road trip Survival Guide
#Vanlife Adventure – 1 year on the road
I just came back from a 35.000 km (21.750 mi) road trip with a DIY camper van. Check out this short video of driving the icy mountains of Kyrgyzstan at 3.112 m (10.210 ft)
« Travel Blog – Last articles »
- Amazing Places to visit in Venezuela
- Meaning of the Flags of South America
- 36 of the Best Places to Visit in Armenia
- Antarctica Travel Guide – All you need to Know
- Visit Antarctica – 20 Inspiring Places in the 7th Continent
- What to Do in Antarctica – List of Experiences
- Fars Province – Iran: 23 Beautiful Places You Need To Visit
Useful for travelers
Two weeks in Saudi Arabia
Small video of my two-week trip to Saudi Arabia.
Who is the author of this blog?
My name is João Leitão and I was born in Lisbon – Portugal – back in 1980. With a degree in Visual Arts, I like adventure travel, photography, and cooking. Human contact and communication are crucial, so interacting with local people during my travels is very important to me as an individual.
I am a guy who defines himself as curious. Basically, I am a sponge, a kid exploring the world, absorbing new experiences and new encounters daily: architecture, vestiges of the past, religious beliefs, flavors, aromas, languages and dialects, musical expressions. Being on the road fits my personality perfectly.
Now I am here to welcome you to my travel blog, where I have gathered useful information and inspiring narratives to motivate you to travel more!