Nomad Revelations is a travel blog written to inspire independent travelers and audacious backpackers through exotic narratives and unexpected traveling ideas.
Welcome to my adventure travel blog about exciting journeys into more than 130 countries across Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Europe, North to South America and Oceania. Traveling since 1999.
The greatest aspect of traveling
The greatest aspect of traveling is the ability to witness all elements of life come together into a kind of foreshortened timeline. It’s as if we are simultaneously time traveling through our past and future. Secured by its focal present, collectively combining all lessons into our own being at each point in time and in each present moment.
Some unforgettable journeys:
- Photos that will make you want to visit Saudi Arabia
- Visit Tajik’s Wakhan corridor – 15 amazing places to travel in Wakhan
- Van Life Kyrgyzstan: one-month road trip with a 4×4 camper van
- Timbuktu, Mali – How to get there the hard way
- Beautiful Pyongyang – A different look at North Korea’s capital
- Mesopotamian marshes, The rebirth of Iraqi Venice
- Laas Geel – Incredible 9000-year-old rock paintings in Somaliland
- 550 hours Amazon River boat trip: Brazil, Peru & Ecuador
- Mazar-i-Sharif – Afghan city of the noble shrine
- Visit Oman: 25 amazing places & top things to do
- Driving in Afghanistan, south Asia – Road trip survival guide
#Vanlife adventure – 1 year on the road
I just came back from a 35.000 km (21.750 mi) road trip with a DIY camper van. Check out this short video of driving the icy mountains of Kyrgyzstan at 3.112 m (10.210 ft)
« Travel blog – last articles »
- How to use Booking.com for your next trip – Step-by-step guide
- Top 5 different world map projections you need to know about
- Uzbekistan Travel Guide: The ideal 2-week itinerary + photos
- Visit Corfu Greece: 10 best places & top things to do
- 37 amazing places to go when you visit Ecuador
- U.S.A. ESTA visa step-by-step information + Q&A – Updated 2019
- Visit Manaus Brazil (Amazon): 9 best places & top things to do
Two weeks in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia just recently opened its doors to foreign tourism. This unknown country has plenty of natural and historical wonders that will make most adventure travelers anxious to visit.
Saudi Arabia is one of the most photogenic desert countries that I’ve ever visited and is packed with breathtaking photo locations.
Small video of my two-week trip to Saudi Arabia.
Useful for travelers
- Best travel tips
- Travel gear
- World Tourism Forum in Istanbul
- Create your travel map
- How to start a travel blog in 1 hour
- How to get travel insurance
- How to do laundry while traveling
- How to plan a trip
- Guide to hitchhiking
- Guide to couchsurfing
- Useful phrases to know in every language
- List of all the low-cost airlines in the world
Featured destination: Iran
Iran, what else can I say about this amazing country? The blend of welcoming and friendly people, an incredible variety of landscapes, and a vast historical heritage make of the Persian nation, a perfect travel destination. I visited Iran three times already and was able to explore the country extensively.
Check out my pages about traveling in Iran:
- 79 of the Best Places to Visit in Iran
- Sacred and Religious Places to visit in Iran
- Photos of People from Iran
- Fars Province – Iran: 23 Beautiful Places You Need To Visit
Who is the author of this blog?
My name is João Leitão and I was born in Lisbon – Portugal – back in 1980.
With a degree in Visual Arts, I like adventure travel, photography, and cooking. Human contact and communication are crucial, so interacting with local people during my travels is very important to me as an individual.
Being on the road fits my personality perfectly, and this blog is my way of sharing those experiences with you.
I am a guy who defines himself as curious. Basically, I am a sponge, a kid exploring the world, absorbing new experiences and new encounters daily: architecture, vestiges of the past, religious beliefs, flavors, aromas, languages and dialects, musical expressions.
Although I moved to Morocco back in 2007, so far I also lived in countries such as Finland, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Turkey, Ukraine, United States of America and more recently Brazil, and Poland.
Now I am here to welcome you to my blog, where I have gathered useful information and inspiring narratives to motivate you to travel more!