Chile UNESCO commitment has registered 6 sites on the World Heritage list and 17 sites on the tentative list.
Some places are so interesting that it’s relevant to keep them for future generations. This is why UNESCO has built a list of crucial classified properties in which there are superb places that stand out for their aesthetic, natural, artistic or cultural significance.
More than a thousand places are registered as Unesco’s World Heritage around the world. Due to my personal interest in visiting World Heritage sites, I put together the UNESCO list in Chile and the corresponding map.
Chile UNESCO list
- Churches of Chiloé
- Historic Quarter of the Seaport City of Valparaíso
- Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works
- Qhapaq Ñan, Andean Road System
- Rapa Nui National Park
- Sewell Mining Town
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Chile are protected places for their cultural and natural importance.
Chile UNESCO Map
Click on the blue pins to view more relevant information about each World Heritage site in Chile.
Sites on the Tentative List
- Juan Fernández Archipelago National Park
- Torres del Paine and Bernardo O’Higgins National Parks, Region of Magallanes
- Churches of the Altiplano
- Archaeological sites of the Chinchorro culture
- Baquedano Street
- San Pedro de Atacama
- Ayquina and Toconce
- Cerro el Plomo high shrine
- La Moneda Palace
- San Francisco Church and Convent
- Houses of the hacienda San José del Carmen el Huique
- Malleco Viaduct
- Locomotive depot of the Temuco Railroad Station
- The Defensive Complex of Valdivia
- Rupestrian art of the Patagonia
- Fell and Pali Aike Caves
- Monte Verde Archaeological Site