Colombia UNESCO commitment has registered 9 sites on the World Heritage list and 17 sites on the tentative list.
Some places are so interesting that it’s relevant to keep them for future generations. This is why UNESCO has built a list of crucial classified properties in which there are superb places that stand out for their aesthetic, natural, artistic or cultural significance.
More than a thousand places are registered as Unesco’s World Heritage around the world. Due to my personal interest in visiting World Heritage sites, I put together the UNESCO list in Colombia and the corresponding map.
Colombia UNESCO list
- Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia
- Historic Centre of Santa Cruz de Mompox
- National Archeological Park of Tierradentro
- Port, Fortresses and Group of Monuments, Cartagena
- Qhapaq Ñan, Andean Road System
- San Agustín Archaeological Park
- Los Katíos National Park
- Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary
- Chiribiquete National Park
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Colombia are protected places for their cultural and natural importance.
Colombia UNESCO Map
Click on the blue pins to view more relevant information about each World Heritage site in Colombia.
Sites on the Tentative List
- Buritaca 200 – Ciudad Perdida – Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta
- Sistema Hidráulico Prehispánico del Río San Jorge
- Parque Nacional Natural Chiribiquete
- Seaflower Marine Protected Area
- Canal del Dique – Dike Canal
- Cultural Landscape of the Lower Basin of the Chicamocha River
- University City of Bogotá
- Cultural Landscape of Salt Towns
- Pre-Hispanic Hydraulic System of the San Jorge River
- Tayrona and Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta National Parks and their Archaeological Sites
- Tatacoa Desert
- Catholic Doctrine Temples
- Virgilio Barco Library
- United Fruit Company Infrastructure
- South of Ricaurte Province
- Puente de Occidente (Western Bridge)
- Cultural Landscape of the Vernacular Stilt Housing of Cienaga Grande de Santa Marta and of Medio Atrato