Senegal UNESCO commitment has registered 7 sites on the World Heritage list and 8 sites on the tentative list.
Some places are so interesting that it’s relevant to keep them for future generations. This is why UNESCO has built a list of crucial classified properties in which there are superb places that stand out for their aesthetic, natural, artistic or cultural significance.
More than a thousand places are registered as Unesco’s World Heritage around the world. Due to my personal interest in visiting World Heritage sites, I put together the UNESCO list in Senegal and the corresponding map.
Senegal UNESCO list
- Bassari Country: Bassari, Fula and Bedik Cultural Landscapes
- Island of Gorée
- Island of Saint-Louis
- Saloum Delta
- Stone Circles of Senegambia
- Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary
- Niokolo-Koba National Park
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Senegal are protected places for their cultural and natural importance.
Senegal UNESCO Map
Click on the blue pins to view more relevant information about each World Heritage site in Senegal.
Sites on the Tentative List
- L’île de Carabane
- Architecture rurale de Basse-Casamance
- Parc National des îles de la Madeleine
- Les Escales du Fleuve Sénégal
- Les tumulus de Cekeen
- Le Lac Rose
- Le Vieux Rufisque