People often ask me about what travel gear I carry. As an extremely practical person, travel gear does play an important role in my life.
Nowadays, most of the stuff I carry along has been thoroughly chosen over the years in order to suit my travel style. My main worry is to travel light.
On this page, I list all the things I own and use to travel. Depending on the type of trip, I chose different things to take along.
Curiosities about my travel gear
- I only travel with carry-on baggage (the one taken inside the airplane);
- I never carry more than 7kg / 15 lbs;
- I never carry the same things. I often adapt to the place and weather conditions;
- I only wear clothes or shoes made with tough and durable materials;
- The travel gear I carry may not work for everyone since it’s adapted to my own personal experience. Nevertheless, maybe you can get some interesting ideas;
- During some travels, I do not carry my computer;
- After 20 years, my backpack has evolved a lot and is more and more minimalist because I carry less stuff with me.
NOTE: This page does NOT contain affiliate links. I never recommend a product I don’t use or haven’t tried myself.
My Travel Gear
Smartphone and Computer
Why I have a Samsung S9 Plus?
I love the camera quality of the S9. Supposedly it has the best cell phone camera on the market. Many of my recent blog posts were actually fully made with pics taken with this phone.
Why I had a Samsung S7?
I love the camera quality of the S7. Supposedly it had the best cell phone camera on the market. Many of my recent blog posts were actually fully made with pics taken with this phone.
Electronic Travel Gear
Photo Travel Gear
Sony a6300 Camera
Sony RX100 III Camera
Packing Travel Gear
GOBAG VS MINAAL CARRY-on 2.0
NOTE: These backpacks were sent to me by the companies GOBAG® and MINAAL® on sponsor mode. I’m “test-driving” them. Soon, I will have a review article with a personal comment on both bags. Check out for updates on my Facebook page!
I already took the GOBAG to the Sahara Desert to give it a proper “test-drive”
And the winner is?
Minaal is the best backpack I’ve ever had. Great design, strong materials and very useful to carry and use. If you’re searching for a good backpack, this is the one. I will soon make a blog post about my Minaal bag and share with you why I chose this backpack.
Clothing Travel Gear
Lems boots down Fogo Volcano
My boots in action running down an active volcano in West Africa.
NOTE: The boots from LEMS SHOES that I travel with, were sent to me on sponsor mode. I tested them, and now they make part of my travel gear.